Whether this is the beginning of your research or you’ve been considering a breast augmentation for several months, it’s crucial to understand every aspect of your cosmetic surgery. Some people are unsure if a breast augmentation, breast implants and a ‘boob job’ are the same thing. Yes, it’s the same procedure.
So, before you begin designing your new body, consider the following:
- The procedure
- Your implant options
- Expected results
In this article, we’ll discuss these details, plus other questions you should ask your cosmetic surgeon before your breast augmentation.
At this stage, you’ll no doubt have a number of questions to ask. Which is great! The perfect time to gather information is pre-surgery.
If you’ve selected a registered specialist surgeon, like Dr. Goldman, ask about potential rebates from Medicare or your Private Health Insurer.
The next step is the consultation. While you may have done plenty of online research and viewed before and after photos, the consultation is your time to ask questions so that you can make an informed decision.
Not all breast augmentation procedures are the same. You’ll want to ask how your surgery will be performed and what health and safety practices are adhered to.
This is a life-changing decision and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Make sure your surgeon ticks off these three vital points:
- Has extensive years of experience in cosmetic surgery
- Is performing regular breast augmentations each month
- Is well respected in the industry for their breast implant procedures
Understand your breast augmentation procedure
You’ll want to gain a comprehensive knowledge of your breast augmentation procedure. If you are considering breast augmentation surgery, you should discuss your goals with your surgeon, along with the expectations surrounding the procedure. Be sure to ask these questions:
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- How will you perform my surgery?
- Where will the incision be made? Will I have any scarring?
- How long do you expect the operation to take?
- What are the risks associated with this procedure?
- What is the emergency procedure should there be any complications?
Determine what kind of implants are right for you
A variety of implant options are available. Breast augmentation size, shape, and material should all be considered. Ask your surgeon these questions so you can make the best choices regarding your implants and get the results you want:
- What type of implants do you use, and why?
- What size and shape do you recommend for me?
- How will the implants feel?
- What is the cost of the procedure?
Ask about expected outcomes
Finally, you’ll want to consider the expected results of your procedure. Ask your doctor to walk you through the before and after aspects of your cosmetic surgery, including the following details:
- What is my estimated recovery and healing time?
- Can I see before-and-after photos from previous procedures?
- What are the reasonable results and expectations for my procedure?
- What are the indications of ruptured or damaged implants?
- What do I need to do to maintain my implants over time?
- Will breast implants impact my ability to breastfeed?
- Can I get a mammogram after I get implants?
- Will the implants change the sensation in my breasts and nipples?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the results or eventually want to remove my implants
Get a quote for your breast augmentation in Perth
It’s our goal to help you fully understand what to expect from your breast augmentation before your surgery. Dr. Robert Goldman is a Specialist Surgeon with a focus in Cosmetic Surgery, specialising in breast and body cosmetic surgery.
He has been awarded FRACS, is a fully qualified surgeon (B.SC (hons), MB.CH.B.) with 35 years of cosmetic surgery experience throughout Australia and in Perth. On top of this, he holds a science degree in Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology.
Whether you’re interested in breast augmentation or one of our other cosmetic procedures in Perth, contact us to get a free quote today!