The Laser Liposuction Process
We consider the Vaser Liposculpture system to be the most effective form of liposuction. This method uses the latest Ultrasound technology, as well as finer instruments than traditional Liposuction, resulting in less post-operative bruising, swelling and pain compared to other traditional Liposuction techniques.
The Vaser Liposculpture (Liposuction) technique also enables more precise targeting of specific areas resulting in smoother, more even results. Below is an animation that outlines the Liposculpture procedure.
How does Liposuction work?
Vaser Liposuction is the procedure of reshaping the male or female body by removing pockets of excess fat from the body. Not everyone is suitable for liposuction. Read the Your Consultation section below for more about costs.
How long does liposuction procedure take?
The length of procedure is subject to individual cases. Factors include, the amount of fat being removed, number of areas getting treated and combined procedures i.e.: Vaser liposuction with a Tummy Tuck
What areas on the body can receive treatment?
There are a range of areas on the body that can receive vaser liposuction and liposculpture, the following are to name a few:
Deciding to have a Vaser Liposuction (Liposculpture)?
The most important point to raise here is that Liposculpture (Liposuction) should not be seen as a substitute for weight loss achieved by employing a healthy diet and exercise program in one’s own life. It should be seen as a tool for changing your body shape where fat deposits are resistant to change from a healthy diet and regular exercise.
If you lead a healthy lifestyle with a combination of exercise and diet, with no signs of results you desire, vaser liposuction can help sculpt your body to your desire.
- To make the best choices for you and give you the results you wish to achieve, it is important to have the right information and to be guided through the process by an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon. The ideal candidate for Liposculpture (Liposuction) is someone reasonably close to their ideal weight.
- Also, being in sound medical condition aids significantly in the healing process. Younger patients with moderate amounts of fat and good skin tone generally achieve excellent results with Vaser Liposculpture, as their skin readily retracts when the fat is removed.
- Older patients with diminished skin elasticity need to weigh up the benefits of the procedure against the possibility that the skin may not entirely retract. Dr. Goldman is an expert in this area and will advise you of the appropriate volume of fat which can be removed to minimize sagging skin.
A better outcome may be achieved with smaller multiple procedures over time. In saying this though, the Vaser Liposculpture system, is we consider, the most advanced system of Liposuction and has a proven track record of reducing the need for follow up treatments compared to standard Liposuction.
Vaser Liposuction and Weight Loss
An interesting and important area to consider here concerning Liposculpture (Liposuction) is the subject of permanent results. The human body has a fixed number of fat cells; while fat cells within us may change in size and shape as we lose or gain weight, the actual number of fat cells within our bodies does not change.
Therefore, Liposuction directly targets the problem areas by reducing the number of fat cells in that specific area. Although liposuction, in general, does remove fat cells, this operation does not remove ALL the fat cells in an area that has been treated.
SO, it is possible for fat to re-accumulate after it has been removed with any liposuction procedure. A person’s body fat content is dynamic and does change. There is no procedure/operation for permanent fat removal.
What's the difference between vaser liposuction and a standard liposuction?
Why choose Dr Goldman?
Meet your breast augmentation specialist surgeon now
Vaser Liposuction Aftercare
During the complete process, from your initial consultation, right through to aftercare, Dr. Goldman and his staff are committed to ensuring that you achieve the best results from your cosmetic procedure by offering you the highest level of professional care and ongoing support.
It is advised by Dr. Goldman to treat the procedure like you would any other surgical procedure. As the procedure involves anaesthesia, the patient must have a recovery plan in place, which Dr. Goldman will walk through.
Healing aids such as compression garments and pain killer will be prescribed upon necessity by the surgeon. If you have any concerns or questions regarding recovery, Dr. Goldman, and his team can help.
- Once the anaesthesia wears off, the patient will experience soreness. Bruising and swelling are also to be expected for the first week. The compression garment and ice packs will aid in reducing the swelling, bruising and soreness.
- You maybe be required to take off up to 5 days from work, or as long as it takes for your body to heal.
- After the procedure, have someone drive you home. Ensure you have fluids and prescriptions within reach.
- As liposuction isn’t a permanent weight reduction tool; healthy eating habits are encouraged in order to maintain a healthy weight range. As a measure for patients to experience the results of lipo, it is advised to avoid carbohydrates and sodium post op until advised otherwise. Eat plenty of vegetables, foods rich in protein and drink plenty of fluids.
- The patient is advised to go on leisurely strolls on the 2nd week post – op to aid in removing excess tumescent fluid.
- Ensure that the treated areas are covered from the elements for at least 3 weeks.
- Consultation with Dr. Goldman
- Most bruising and swelling will have subsided or are beginning to fade depending on your bodies healing abilities.
- After the consultation, you will receive further instructions on care plan depended on the rate of healing.
- Consultation with Dr. Goldman
- Life should go back to as it were pre – op except for your boosted confidence.
- Consultation with Dr. Goldman
DR ROBERT GOLDMAN
Dr Robert Goldman FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons), MB, ChB, B.Sc (hons) is a Specialist Surgeon with a focus in Cosmetic Surgery with over 35 years of experience. As well as being a Specialist Surgeon, Dr Goldman continues to specialise as a surgeon in women’s breast health.
Specialising in both of these select fields is rare, and ensures that Dr Goldman will take care of both your Cosmetic Breast Enhancement aspirations, as well as your overall breast health.
A consultation with Dr Goldman will always include a complimentary medical breast assessment, which ensures total breast health prior to proceeding with Cosmetic Breast Enhancement.
Aftercare is also an essential part of Dr Goldman’s professional service to his clients with a personalised follow-up plan provided at your consultation.
Dr Goldman is happy to answer any questions you may have about the procedure during your consultation and will offer extensive reading and educational material to take home to assist you in the education and decision-making process.
Dr Robert Goldman
Vaser Liposuction Cost Perth
Dr. Goldman will break down the costs of the procedure during your initial consultation. If you would like to know more contact us.
Vaser Liposculpture, also known as LipoSelection®, is an advanced body contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, Vaser Liposculpture uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body. What distinguishes the Vaser Liposculpture procedure is its ability to differentiate targeted fat from other important tissues — such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. Innovative Vaser technology breaks up fat while preserving these other important tissues to promote smooth results and rapid healing.
First, the area to be reshaped is filled with a special saline solution containing a local anaesthetic that helps numb the site and shrink the blood vessels (to minimize blood loss and reduce bruising). This solution wets and fills the area to be treated, making it easier to break up fatty tissue with the Vaser Liposculpture System’s ultrasound energy. Then a small probe transmits sound energy (similar to that used for cataract removal from the eye) to break up fatty tissue on contact while preserving other important tissues. Finally, the liquefied fat is removed through a gentle suction process designed to minimize damage to surrounding tissues. As part of being a Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Goldman has received extensive training in the use of both Vaser Liposculpture and Vaser Hi-Definition Liposculpture.
Cosmetic Surgeons have experienced great success in treating all of the following areas: abdomen, thighs, knees, buttocks, hips, back, arms, male and female breasts, love handles, chin, neck areas and just about any other body part you need treated. Dr Goldman has performed cosmetic surgery using the Vaser Liposculpture system on a large number of patients treating these specific body areas.
There are limits to how much fatty tissue can be safely taken from the body. One way to get a good idea for yourself is to stand and bend from the waist. The amount of ‘loose-hanging’ fat you can easily grab above / below your waist will approximate what can be removed. Bear in mind that this procedure is not intended as a weight loss solution. The goal is to create a slimmer silhouette and you should be pleased with your new, improved shape.
This varies with the extensiveness of the procedure—the amount of fat removed, the number of sites treated, and so on. Many patients report that they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result at around 3 to 6 months. It is important that you establish realistic expectations through discussion with your Cosmetic Surgeon.
Following your Vaser Lipsculpture (Liposuction) procedure, should you experience weight gain, it will tend to be proportionately distributed over your entire body. Once you have fat removed, it is gone and, assuming a healthy lifestyle of proper diet and exercise, it will not return or migrate. However, because fat is necessary to a healthy body, some essential fat layers in any given site remain untreated. If you do gain a significant amount of weight in the future through lifestyle choices, the remaining fatty tissue will expand. Normal ageing changes can also be expected.
If you are frustrated by the resistance of certain body areas to diet and exercise, Vaser Liposculpture can provide a solution. If you are healthy and seeking a fast, low-pain solution to losing stubborn fat deposits, the Vaser Liposculpture (Liposuction) procedure could be your answer. Although there are limits to the amount of fat that can be removed, your Cosmetic Surgeon can assist you with your decision about potential areas for sculpting, anticipated results, and the recovery process.